Sunday, February 12, 2006

essentials

everyone has their own set of essential. an essential is a strange thing that has an insignificant value to one, and an inferior value to another. that said, every essential is unique to a person. a person can have as many essentials as he or she likes.

for myself, i have seven essentials, and they all perform different tasks from the utmost important to the minimal. these seven essentials have different value to me, but they all are essentially an essential. i list below the seven most essential, from least to most.

...

heck, i can't. these essentials differ in value in different period of times. an essential changes its value in a different space and time, depending on the current situation. i see that essentials might change values, but their presence is required nevertheless. you will never know when you would need an essential.

my seven essentials are sight, voice, time, space, key, money and identity. their presence is required almost all the time, and without time, i'll be stuck for an indetermined period of time. sometimes i don't need them at all, but in many occasions, it is good to know that you have them close to you.

my sight is my pair of glasses. my voice enables me to connect to people and if i can't talk, an sms would do. my time i carry it around with a watch. my space is enough for anything i can save in my thumbdrive. my key unlocks doors that lead to many places; my dorm room or mom's car. my money to buy what a human is required to purchase. my identity is with my matric card, my identity card, those thin plastic things that tell you and those who wants to know who you essentially are.

essentials, there will be no fun without them.

No comments: