Monday, April 27, 2009

Face the music

I must face the music. I may be the son of a commercial airline pilot who earns thousands of ringgits a week - but I'm not rich. That money is not my money. Therefore I am a poor boy of the slums.

I am jobless. I have a study debt of RM17,000 ++. I owe it to my parents for my food, lodging and clothes (which mainly consists of my father's old clothes). I am helpless without them, my father especially.

And yesterday one scenario summoned that truth which smacked me right in the face. I am too dependent of my parents. I thought I was well to-do. I thought I could get anything that money could buy. No. Those things are lies.

Today onwards, I must realize, I am not rich. I am moneyless. And I must live with that truth in mind. No more desires. No more pride. Live with what I have, and don't ask for anything.

No comments: